St. Patrick’s Day – March 17
If your student wants to bring the luck o’ the Irish to school, please follow these dressing guidelines:
- Regular uniform
- Non-distracting green socks, green jewelry
- Non-distracting green hair accessories for girls
- Green Shamrock lapel pins or stickers on clothing
- No – hats, scarves, green hair, green makeup, ta5toos, etc.
While some people enjoy the game of pinching those not wearing green, our “no touching” policy includes pinching. Please remind your students to refrain from pinching others at school.
D3 (or soon to be D3) Parents:
We can hardly believe that it’s already time to register your returning students for the 2021-22 school year! We are excited to welcome all APA 6th graders to the D3 campus and 7th grade! Congratulations!
To re-enroll your student, please follow the next few steps:
1. Watch the re-enrollment video: https://youtu.be/TcdnZ3Rrm84
2. Fill out this google form https://forms.gle/ZNScnn4m68UsXqcdA (code needed to fill out form is in video– you must watch the video)
3. Wait 12-24 hours for Skyward to update
4. Log into your parent access to Skyward and click on the “returning student enrollment” tab on the left side of your screen and follow the prompts to register.
Please contact the school registrar or administration with any questions. We can’t wait to have you back next year!
This process needs to be completed by March 16th at Midnight. Your priority enrollment may be forfeited if not complete by March 16th.
Brad Sheneman: School Director
Carole Hollinger: High School Director
Todd Christensen: Junior High Director
Mason Paxman: Asst. JH Director
Jerilynn Phillips: D3 registrar email@example.com
Dear Off Campus Parents and Students,
As we prepare for our standardized state testing which will be done on campus from April 19 to 30 for grades 3-6, we wanted to provide an opportunity for your students to practice taking tests on the computers. We want to give them every advantage offered to our on-campus students, who had a chance to do the practice tests last term.
If you would like to bring your student(s) to school for up to 4 (four) practice sessions, please sign up here:
D2 Administrative Director
I am a builder when I quickly acknowledge mistakes and humbly make amends
No human being is perfect. We ALL make mistakes – and that’s totally okay! Showing each other that it’s okay to admit that we made a mistake, taking the opportunity to admit we were wrong, then we always have options to make amends and try to do better the next time. We need to be willing to humble ourselves and follow these steps when we make a mistake.
- March 12 – Mid-term Missing Work deadline
- March 12 – Draper 3 – No School; Draper 2 – School in Session
- March 12 – Order deadline for Spark Spirit Shirt
- March 12 – Climate survey opt-out deadline (grades 2, 5, 6 only)
- March 15 to 19 – Staff Appreciation Week
- March 19 – Jeans Day (for no missing work and no uniform infractions)
- March 22 – Term 4 Reading University Logs due
- March 23 – Extra Early Dismissal (PM Kindergarten Attends)
- March 26 – Term 4 missing work deadline 4pm
Spark Spirit Campaign – Orders Due: March 12
Parents can purchase the limited-edition spirit-wear t-shirt for themselves or their students.
- Orders due March 12
Climate Survey – 2nd, 5th, 6th Grades only – March 12
Girls on the Run – After School Club – March 24
We are excited to offer our first after-school program GIRLS ON THE RUN, for girls in grades 3-6. There is a $150 registration fee, but need-based scholarships are available. Participants will meet every Wednesday and Thursday from 2:15 pm to 3:30 pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 801-793-8179 with questions, or register at https://www.girlsontherunutah.org/. Click here to download the flyer.
Staff Appreciation Week – Destination Appreciation – March 15 to 19
We are so excited this year for our Staff Appreciation Week. We will have 5 outstanding days to thank our staff for the wonderful work and tireless dedication to our students, even during the most challenging circumstance. We have picked a destination theme for each day:
- Monday – Wild West
- Tuesday – Hawaii
- Wednesday – Ireland Our staff will be able to dress for each day if they would like to.
- Thursday – Time Travel
- Friday – Guess where I am going!
We would like to send a BIG THANK YOU to the many parents who are decorating doors for our Staff:
- Makayla Marchant
- Caliegh Hadlock
- Samantha Black
- Erin Christensen
- Heather Wall
- Erin Dixon
- Gretel DeLaCruz
- Luciana Infanti
- Sandra Covert
- Ashwin Durge
- Karen Ellsworth
- Molly Jorgensen
- Holly Archuleta
- Manju Joon
- Rosangela Carbajal
- Alisah Staggs
- Melanie Jorgensen
- Tess Douglas
- Elaine Scheidecker
- Jessica Goff
- Kenzi Garn
- Mayumi Namgur
- Shannyn Steinman
- Tanya Parke
- Brenda Emerson
- Crystal Adamson
- Mandy Brown
- Eunyoung Choi
- Lenka Becz
- Emily Kim
- Brittney Baugh
- Jerilyn Hanks
- Michelle Goudge
The door decorating makes our Staff feel so special and loved. THANK YOU to ALL of our parents who are bringing special treats each day as well. Our staff will really feel your love and appreciation.
School Pictures and Yearbook Orders
We are working with our photographer to schedule photo retakes (including all off-campus students) and class pictures after Spring Break. We will also open up yearbook orders at that time.
Great news! We are responding to updates from the state regarding COVID-19 restrictions. Our students no longer have to wear a mask during recess. We also no longer have to limit the number of people in a room as long as everyone is wearing a mask. This will allow us to resume live assemblies! We are so excited because this means we can move forward with our traditional Builder of the Year and Memorial Day assemblies!
6th Grade Draper 3 Tour Dates
For all of our 6th-grade students who will be going into 7th grade at D3 in the fall; Draper 3 has set up the below dates for parents to take a tour. A tour is OPTIONAL and the student does NOT need to attend. This is a perfect time to ask questions, see the building and help you decide where you want to be next year. You can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050f4daca92ca4fe3-2021
April 14th 2021 10:00 AM June 15th 2021 10:00 AM
May 19th 2021 10:00 AM June 29th 2021 10:00 AM July 14th 2021 10:00 AM
Test Data and School Report Cards Available
The 2019-2020 School Report Cards are available on the American Prep website’s Parent Library under “Plans and Reports” (https://www.americanprep.org/plans-and-reports/). School Improvement Plans for our Title I Campuses will also be located at this site. If you have any questions regarding this data, feel free to contact your school administrators.
Looking Forward – End of Year Testing Dates
During testing time, there will be NO EXCUSED ABSENCES. All testing is required for all students. Here are the dates we have scheduled –
- 3th – 6th grade State testing – Monday, April 19 – Friday, April 30
- K – 3rd grade Core Knowledge testing – Monday, May 17 – Friday, May 21
- 4th – 6th grade Core Knowledge testing – Monday, May 24 – Friday, May 28
WOW! Thank you so much for your willingness to support our Staff Appreciation Week (March 15-19)! All our food sign ups were filled by Tuesday evening, and we’ve received many financial donations as well. You are AMAZING! We encourage everyone to track the time, effort, and money spent by going here: https://forms.gle/hr54JrdnvLqEVqpv7
We identified a few more items we need to go along with daily mailbox treats for the staff. These should be delivered to the school on Monday, March 8 by 4 pm so that our volunteers can get them ready in advance. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044FAAAB2CA1FD0-mailbox
We have a critical need for volunteers to decorate doors. We recognize that this takes some effort, but we hope to continue this long-standing APA tradition. I’ve added some helpful resources to our website page – https://draper2.americanprep.org/staff-appreciation/
Here are the steps:
- Sign up! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044FAAAB2CA1FD0-staff
- Find an idea (see https://draper2.americanprep.org/staff-appreciation/).
- Gather supplies – we will provide butcher paper (35″ wide). All the other supplies you provide are considered a donation.
- Work your magic! Have everything ready to be installed before you arrive.
- Install – come Friday, March 12 from 4-6pm or Saturday, March 13 from 9-11am. We will have step ladders and blue tape to affix the decorations to the door.
The following teachers still need someone to decorate their doors:
|KG-Bergman-108, Room #2-225 IT|
|KG-Garcia-110, Room #2-143 Secretaries|
|1st-Henry-107, Room #2-241, Special Classroom|
|1st-Wise-103, Room #2-148, Lunch|
|2nd-Herrera-216, Room #2-102, Academic Office|
|2nd-Ferlo-214, Room #2-154, Special Classroom|
|3rd-Strong-210, Room #2-137, Gym|
|3rd-Tefteller-247, Room #2-156, Operations|
|3rd-Wanner-212, Room #2-122|
|4th-Foster-159, Room #2-115B|
|5th-Ames-162, Room #2-207, Speech & Science|
|6th-Burkholder-250, Room #2-100, Music and Orchestra|
|6th-Henderson-256, Room #2-146, Band|
|6th-Smith-254, Room #2-120|
Remember, for those with two rooms listed, we are asking that you make a second set of decorations (it can be the same design) for the other door.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions or concerns!
Draper 2 Administrative Director
Reminder – today we dismiss at the REGULAR times:
- Yellow – 3:15 pm
- Blue – 3:30 pm
- Red – 3:45 pm
The calendar previously listed today as an early dismissal for professional development. However, that date was tentatively set, and is adjusted to align with testing for secondary students. We received that testing schedule, and now MARCH 23 will be an early dismissal.
We are so excited to be launching our “Spark Spirit” Campaign. This is a great opportunity for our students to show their creativity and submit a design to become a limited-time spirit wear T-shirt.
There are two ways to participate:
1. Students can submit an original design that will be considered by a panel of students. The chosen design will be on a limited-edition spirit wear t-shirt.. Designs due March 3rd.
2. Parents can purchase the limited-edition spirit wear t-shirt for themselves or their students. Click here to shop. Orders due March 12th.
Hello Draper 2 & 3 Families!
We have created a resource with guidelines and procedures: https://draper2.americanprep.org/drop-off-and-pick-up/ This is a work in progress, but we encourage all our families to review the process for dropping off and picking up students.
We have 2 items to address today:
1. Remember to follow the traffic laws
There have been several car accidents and close calls on Lone Peak Parkway. Having two lanes north of our property is new this year, and many people are confused and frustrated. Please follow the traffic laws:
- RIGHT OF WAY/YIELD – those turning left should yield to oncoming traffic and drivers turning right (page 21)
- INTERSECTIONS – do not use the intersections to U-turn or to change lanes (page 24)
- KEEP CLEAR – when traffic slows, leave the intersections clear for neighbors to enter and exit
- MERGING – use your blinker, merge when lines are dashed (page 28)
- DO NOT CHANGE LANES in the areas that say KEEP CLEAR
- After turning onto a road (such as when exiting our property) – Enter the nearest lane first, merge to the next lane only after 2 seconds have passed
We encourage those in the right lane to allow those from the left lane to merge (when their blinker is on and lines are dashed).
2. Arriving too early for afternoon pick up
Please do not arrive before this time:
- Purple 2:50 pm – this time is for families with ONLY Draper 3 students
- Yellow 3:15 pm – this time is for families at Draper 2 AND Draper 3
- Blue 3:30 pm – this time is for families with ONLY Draper 2 students (or those who prefer a later time)
- Red 3:45 pm – this time is for families with ONLY Draper 2 students (or those who prefer a later time)
As you can see in the chart below – the largest number of cars come at Purple (2:50 pm). It is important that Yellow families DO NOT come early, but wait until Purple dismissal is over.
We have seen some families with two pick up tags – you should only have one color tag. If you have students at both Draper 2 and Draper 3, you should have only a yellow tag.
For families at both campuses (Yellow 3:15 pm), the D3 students should wait at the school for about 20 minutes, you pick them up, and then proceed to pick up the students at Draper 2. About 40% of the D3 campus has to wait until the Yellow 3:15 pm dismissal. This is the only way to accommodate so many cars on our campus.
Utah Driving Resources: