Elementary In-class Festival
- April 26th-30th
- All students participate
Elementary School-wide Festival
- Class winners participate
- May 12th 4-6 grade
- May 13th. K-3 grade
Every year at American Preparatory Academy we have a speech festival. This gives all students a chance to practice their speaking skills. Students will be given a two-minute window to perform a speech or poem for their peers. Every student will be required to perform in class and then one student from each class will be chosen to perform at the school-wide festival.
Why a speech festival?
- To give the students the experience of getting in front of others and speaking in a place where they are safe.
- To encourage students to improve in their public speaking abilities.
- To give students with a public speaking talent an opportunity to shine.
Rules are as follows:
- Students are allotted a maximum of two minutes.
- Every student must perform in their class festival.
- Students are allowed to have props and/or a costume, but they have to wear their uniforms when they are not performing.
- Students must choose something that is:
- From their grade’s curriculum (something they have learned in class)
- A non-curriculum speech or poem at their grade level or higher
- All speeches or poems must be approved by the student’s teacher. Students need to bring a copy of their speech into class by April 15th to be approved.
- Students will give a short introduction of their speech/poem before their performance.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email your student’s homeroom teacher.