- July 16 to 30 – Used Uniform Sale 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- August 2 to 6 – Building Closed – Staff Training Week
- August 9 to 12 – Building Closed – Staff Training Week
- August 13 – Meet & Greet, WYGNTK Book Exchange, New Uniform Sale
- August 16 to 17 – New Uniform Sale
- August 18 – First Day of School, 8:05 am
- August 25 – Parent Orientation 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Teacher Meet and Greet – August 13th
All students are invited to come to the school and meet their teachers! The classroom assignments will be posted on this day. We will have new and used uniforms available to purchase, information about volunteering, after-school clubs, and ordering school lunches. Please come at the following times:
- Families new to APA 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- Last Name A – N 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Last Name O – Z 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Name Tags & Dockets
Each student who is new to APA will receive a name tag and a docket. All returning students should have taken their nametag and docket home with them the last week of school. If you’ve misplaced either, replacement name tags ($5) and dockets ($10) may be purchased at the Front Office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order a replacement name tag.
Summer Enrichment Activities
Your student should be working on their Stay Sharp Summer packet. Just a few minutes each day will go a long way! All students in grades 3 – 6 should be spending 10-15 minutes per day doing RISE math practice. All students in grades 4-6 should be spending time on keyboarding practice. Click here for the link and instructions. https://draper2.americanprep.org/summer-computer-practice/.
Each grade is assigned a novel to read over the summer. You can view your student’s assigned book here: https://draper2.americanprep.org/summer-reading-lists/ (We have a few copies of 4th Grade’s Robin Hood book available to purchase at the Front Office.)
What Your Grader Needs To Know – Book Exchange – August 13th
Many of our students received a copy of the What Your Grader Needs to Know book last year. We provide a copy of this book for each student to use at school, but we encourage ALL our families to obtain a copy of this book for each student to have at home. Parents and siblings can join in “the great conversation” by learning along with their students and having discussions together.
We are encouraging our parents to exchange books from last year – we will do our best to help facilitate this exchange at the Meet and Greet on August 13, but cannot guarantee there will be enough books for everyone.
Meals will be free to all students during the 2021-22 school year. However, we still ask all families to complete the Free/Reduced Lunch Application. There have been additional financial benefits issued to students who qualify for free lunch. To qualify for these, we need an updated application (submitted after 7/1/2021).
Application details – https://www.americanprep.org/school-lunch-program/eligibility/
Ordering details – https://www.americanprep.org/school-lunch-program/order-lunch-online/
Anyone interested in using our bus program can register here: https://www.americanprep.org/bus-program/ Current riders will be given priority registration.
Drop Off and Pick Up
Watch for an email coming soon with details about your pick up assignment.
Food Service Job Opportunities
The school lunch program is hiring kitchen staff and campus staff – if you know anyone who is interested in working during school hours, direct them to this link!
Uniform Purchasing Options
Uniform Guide: https://draper2.americanprep.org/uniforms/
Reminder: uniform items DO NOT have to be branded or have the APA logo.
Used Uniform Sales – July 16th to 30th
We are offering gently used uniform items in the Draper 2 lobby and choir room. All funds raised by selling uniforms go towards staff appreciation. We are also accepting donations of gently used uniforms. Donations can be made in the lobby or left by the front door.
Used Uniform Costs
- Short Sleeve Shirts – $3
- Long Sleeve Shirts / Vests – $4
- Sweaters / Pants / Skirts / Jumpers – $5
- Socks / Ties / Bows / Undershorts / Leggings / Tights – $2
New Uniform Sales – at Draper 2 – August 13, 16, 17
We will have new French Toast brand uniform items available at great prices at the following campuses:
- July 21st, 3 PM – 5 PM West Valley 1 Campus – 1255 Crystal Ave. West Valley, UT
- July 26th – 29th, 9 AM – 12PM Early Learning Center – 12894 South Pony Express Rd #700 Draper, UT
- August 2nd – 5th, 9 AM – 12PM Early Learning Center – 12894 South Pony Express Rd #700 Draper, UT
- August 9th – 12th, 9 AM – 12PM Early Learning Center – 12894 South Pony Express Rd #700 Draper, UT
- August 12th, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM West Valley 2 – 3636 West 3100 South West Valley, UT
- August 13th, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM West Valley 2 – 3636 West 3100 South West Valley, UT
- August 13th, 9 AM – 3 PM Draper 2 – 11938 Lone Peak Pkwy Draper, UT
- August 16th – 17th, 9AM – 12 PM Draper 2 – 11938 Lone Peak Pkwy Draper, UT
New uniforms and Spirit Wear items are also always available at our online store:
Other Purchasing Options
Some of our staff have seen French Toast pants & polos available at Costco. Their inventory turns over quickly!