Latest update 8.19.21 – Click Here
We focus on several principles to ensure the best experience during drop off and pick up.
The most important thing our families and students can practice while coming to the school is courtesy. Please be kind, be patient, and thoughtful of others.
The community at Draper 2 & 3 extends beyond the students, staff, and families. It includes the families in the nearby neighborhoods, the local businesses, and everyone who uses Lone Peak Parkway. Please join us in being courteous to ALL members of our APA community.
Our country was founded on the principle of self-government. Self-government is the ability to regulate one’s self without intervention from an outside authority. This is a critical principle for the members of our community. We rely on parents and families to govern themselves – to follow the guidelines and procedures for drop off and pick up.
Getting to Campus
Come from the North
Please approach Draper 2/3 from the NORTH. During drop off and pick up it is unsafe to enter our property from the south.
- 7:30 am – 8:05 am
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Friday
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Wednesday, Thursday
- DO NOT DRIVE IN THE NEIGHBORHOODS
- Election Rd, Inauguration Rd, Bubbling Brook Ln, Beverly Ann Dr
- DO NOT U-TURN IN THE INTERSECTIONS
- If you must approach from the south, USE RIVER CHAPEL ROAD to turn around and enter the property from the north.
You will find that there is NO QUICK and COURTEOUS way to come from the south and turn around. Please take the extra few minutes to join the queue coming from the north.
Follow Traffic Laws
- YIELD TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC – those turning left must yield to those going straight, or turning right
- KEEP CLEAR – When traffic slows or stops, follow the markings on the street and do not block the intersection
- Allow those in neighborhood streets to enter and exit
- DO NOT CHANGE LANES during an intersection – the areas that say Keep Clear
- RIGHT OF WAY – those turning left should always yield to those going straight or turning right
- FLOW OF TRAFFIC – do not impede the flow of traffic
- CHANGING LANES – after turning onto a road, wait at least 2 seconds before changing lanes
See Utah Driver Handbook https://dld.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/17/2018/12/Driver-Handbook-2018-2019.pdf
Follow Staff Directions
Please follow the directions of our staff during drop off and pick up. Remember – most of our staff assisting at these busy times are teachers and instructors. You can show them your appreciation by following directions.
Pick Up Tag
- Whenever you are on the property, please DISPLAY YOUR PICK UP TAG
- It is ideal to hang the card, or have it attached to the driver’s visor
- It is very difficult for our staff to see when it is sitting on the dashboard
- Please do not use your cell phone during drop off and pick up
Know Your Curb, Follow Your Lane
These maps show the correct flow of traffic, depending on the curb(s) you need to access.
There are several locations where we ask you zipper merge:
- As you are exiting and come through the parking lot, form 2 lanes and then zipper merge onto the driveway
- At the end of the driveway
Morning Drop Off
- In the morning there is only ONE LANE for drop off
- A and B curbs drop off along the entire A/B curb
- C and D curbs drop off along the entire C/D curb
- Students should GET READY as soon as you come on the property
- Pull ALL THE WAY FORWARD
- EXIT CURBSIDE – it is ideal if students can sit and get out of the car by the curb
- Parents should STAY IN THE CAR
- As soon as students have exited, parents can move into the exit lane and leave
- Form two lines as you exit through the parking lot, and zipper merge
Afternoon Pick Up
- Please DO NOT ARRIVE before your assigned time:
- 2:50 pm – Purple, reserved for families with only Draper 3 students
- 3:15 pm – Yellow, reserved for families with students at both campuses
- 3:30 pm – Blue, reserved for families with only Draper 2 students
- 3:45 pm – Red, reserved for families with only Draper 2 students
It is particularly important that YELLOW dismissal not arrive before 3:15 pm. As you can see from the charts below, a large amount of Purple dismissal (60% of Draper 3 students) need to come and leave before Yellow arrives.
Both Campuses Together
Pick Up Courtesy
Again, we remind you to please:
- Arrive from the NORTH only
- DO NOT use neighborhood streets to turn around, park and wait, or drive through
- DO NOT turn left in or out of the driveway
- Please zipper merge from two lanes into one at the end of the driveway
- Turn RIGHT to exit
- Do not U-TURN between the driveway and the light