Thank you to all our amazing parents who helped make Staff Appreciation Week a huge success! Here are just a few of the gifts and treats provided to our staff.
Look at these amazing doors:
We are so excited to start planning for Staff Appreciation Week! This year has been full of so many challenges due to COVID, and we often wish we could “get away” from it all. We hope this year’s travel theme transports them to a place full of joy and gratitude. Now is your chance to show the amazing staff how much their hard work and dedication means to you!
We have many ways to contribute:
- Mailbox Treats
- We deliver fun messages of appreciation along with a treat or small gift each day of Staff Appreciation Week. There are several items we are in need of.
- Decorate a Door (or two!)
- We need one person per classroom to design and create a fun door for the teacher and instructor.
- Many of our assignments include a second door (for Music, PE, Lunch, and other support staff). This is the same orientation (left/right) and located in another area of the school. This allows you to create two copies of the decorations, and then customize them with the names of the staff.
- Decorations can be installed on Friday, March 12 from 4-6 pm OR on Saturday, March 13 from 9-11 am.
- Contribute Financially
- Normally we are able to have parents contribute by cooking or preparing food, but due to COVID we will be providing box lunches for our staff on Friday. This is definitely more expensive, but we really want our staff to enjoy a nice meal. Financial donations are appreciated.
- Help Plan
- If you’re great at organization and working with others, join the team as we plan, prepare, and execute this fun event!
- Serve Food
- Help prepare, serve, and deliver food to the staff
- Food Donations – All Slots Full
- We are serving a box lunch on Friday, and breakfast or snacks on the other days. You can pick up a few things while doing your regular grocery shopping.
- Due to COVID, we cannot accept home-prepared items. All items should be individually packaged unless stated otherwise.
- All food items should be delivered on Monday, March 15 before 9:00 am.
During staff appreciation week, we will travel around the world and even further! We will visit the wild west, Hawaii, and Ireland, and time travel to our favorite decade or century. Where would you send YOUR teacher/staff member? The sky is the limit with this fun travel theme!
New to door decorating? Here are the steps:
- Find an idea (search on google or pinterest).
- Gather supplies
- We will have butcher paper available in the front lobby. It is the perfect width.
- Email Mrs. Campbell (email@example.com) with your request and she can get the butcher paper ready for you.
- We have die cuts of all letters and numbers, you can use butcher paper to cut out the words/phrases you need.
- All the other supplies you provide are considered a donation. Please keep track of your hours and money spent, and report it here: https://forms.gle/hr54JrdnvLqEVqpv7
- Work your magic! Have everything ready to be installed before you arrive.
- Install – come Friday, March 12 from 4-6pm or Saturday, March 13 from 9-11am. We will have step ladders and blue tape to affix the decorations to the door.
- Decorate the OUTSIDE of each door.
- Only blue tape can be used to affix decorations to the door. It is not as strong as packing tape or masking tape, so decorations should not be too 3-dimensional or heavy. If you are using paper/cardstock you should be fine. We provide the blue tape.
- Door Template – Letter size, includes all dimensions
- Door Template – Full Size – You can design on this and have it printed
- Map of School
Butcher Paper Colors:
We have die cuts of all the letters and numbers, along with several shapes:
- ( )
You can use butcher paper to cut out words for your door.
- We’d go anywhere with you!
- Up, up and away!
- You’re out of this world!
- You make our classroom feel like paradise!
- We “lava” you (volcano)
- We are wild about you (Africa)
- You are “fin”tastic (ocean)
- We are so lucky to have you as a teacher! (Ireland)
- Learning is an adventure with . . . (jungle)
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044FAAAB2CA1FD0-staff