- July 30 – Used Uniform Sale 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- August 2 to 6 – Building Closed – Staff Training Week
- August 9 to 12 – Building Closed – Staff Training Week
- August 13 – Meet & Greet, WYGNTK Book Exchange, New & Used Uniform Sales
- August 16 to 17 – New Uniform Sale
- August 18 – First Day of School, 8:05am
- August 24 – 6th-8th Grade Girls Volleyball and Boys Soccer tryouts, 3:30 pm
- August 25 – Parent Orientation 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Teacher Meet and Greet – August 13th
All students are invited to come to the school and meet their teachers! Classroom assignments will be posted on this day. We will have new and used uniforms available to purchase, as well as information about volunteering, after school clubs, and ordering school lunches. Please come at the following times:
- Families new to APA 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- Last Name A – N 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Last Name O – Z 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
6th – 8th Grade Soccer and Volleyball Tryouts
The Fall sports that are offered for our 6th Graders this year will be Girls Volleyball and Boys Soccer.
- Girls Volleyball tryouts will be held August 24th at 3:30pm – in the D2 gym. (Please use the West doors to enter the gym, but not until 3:30pm). Tryouts will go until 4:30pm. Bring water and your shoes and clothes to play in.
- Boys Soccer tryouts will also be August 24th at 3:30 pm – on the HS soccer field. Tryouts should be over by 5pm. Bring water, your shoes and clothes to play in.
- Cross-Country has been moved to the Spring so look for that information to come out in February!
Eagles Basketball – Grades 1-6
If you want to get a jump on basketball you can join the Eagles basketball club! There are teams for grades 1 through 12 and play year-round if you want! (Teams are divided by grade level). Tryouts will be coming up on the 28th of August. If you are interested please see the attached flier.
Now Hiring Instructors
Do you know someone who would love to work at our school? We need quite a few instructors at our campus, and we would really appreciate your help spreading the word to your friends and family! We provide in-depth training, and the pay is $12-$14 per hour, depending on education and experience.
APA is a FUN place to work! We’d love to have you (or someone you know) on our team! https://www.americanprep.org/careers/
What Your Grader Needs To Know – Book Exchange – August 13th
Many of our students received a copy of the What Your Grader Needs to Know book last year. We provide a copy of this book for each student to use at school, but we encourage ALL our families to obtain their own copy to have at home. Parents and siblings can join in “the great conversation” by learning along with their students and having discussions together.
We are encouraging our parents to exchange books from last year – we will do our best to help facilitate this exchange at the Meet and Greet on August 13, but cannot guarantee there will be enough books for everyone.
Name Tags & Dockets
Each student who is new to APA will receive a name tag and a docket. All returning students should have taken their nametag and docket home with them the last week of school. If you’ve misplaced either, replacement name tags ($5) and dockets ($10) may be purchased at the Front Office. Email email@example.com to order.
Meals will be free to all students during the 2021-22 school year. However, we still ask all families to complete the Free/Reduced Lunch Application. There have been additional financial benefits issued to students who qualify for free lunch. To qualify for these, we need an updated application (submitted after 7/1/2021).
- Application details – https://www.americanprep.org/school-lunch-program/eligibility/
- Ordering details – https://www.americanprep.org/school-lunch-program/order-lunch-online/
Food Service Job Opportunities
The school lunch program is hiring kitchen staff and campus staff – if you know anyone who is interested in working during school hours, direct them to this link!
Anyone interested in using our bus program can register here: https://www.americanprep.org/bus-program/
Current riders will be given priority registration.
Drop Off and Pick Up
Watch for an email coming soon with details about your pick up assignment.
Uniform Purchasing Options
Uniform Guide: https://draper2.americanprep.org/uniforms/
Reminder: uniform items DO NOT have to be branded or have the APA logo.
Update on shorts – boys and girls can wear khaki shorts Term 1 and Term 5. Regular uniform items on top pair with khaki shorts on the bottom.
Used Uniform Sales – July 30, August 13
We are offering gently used uniform items in the Draper 2 lobby and choir room. All funds raised by selling uniforms go towards staff appreciation. We are also accepting donations of gently used uniforms. Donations can be made in the lobby or left by the front door.
Used Uniform Costs
- Short Sleeve Shirts – $3
- Long Sleeve Shirts / Vests – $4
- Sweaters / Pants / Skirts / Jumpers – $5
- Socks / Ties / Bows / Undershorts / Leggings / Tights – $2
New Uniform Sales – at Draper 2 – August 13, 16, 17
We will have new French Toast brand uniform items available at great prices at the following campuses:
- August 2nd – 5th, 9 AM – 12PM Early Learning Center – 12894 South Pony Express Rd #700 Draper, UT
- August 9th – 12th, 9 AM – 12PM Early Learning Center – 12894 South Pony Express Rd #700 Draper, UT
- August 12th, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM West Valley 2 – 3636 West 3100 South West Valley, UT
- August 13th, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM West Valley 2 – 3636 West 3100 South West Valley, UT
- August 13th, 9 AM – 3 PM Draper 2 – 11938 Lone Peak Pkwy Draper, UT
- August 16th – 17th, 9AM – 12 PM Draper 2 – 11938 Lone Peak Pkwy Draper, UT
New uniforms and Spirit Wear items are also always available at our online store: