We are excited to start school Tomorrow! You can expect to receive several emails in the next few days. Each has a topic – if you have been here a long time, notice the action items at the top of each email. If you are new – please read the entire message.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – ACTION ITEMS
- Wellness Check – complete before you leave home
- Masks – everyone needs one
- Drop Off (7:30 – 8:00 am) – come from the north, no left turns
- Walking Students In – only to the front door
- Dockets and Nametags
- Lunch – bring from home or pre-order
- Short Day – pick up at 2:15/2:30/2:45 pm
- Pick Up – don’t come early, remember the rules
- Parents are required to take each student’s temperature and complete a Wellness Check Form before dropping the student off at school.
- A paper Wellness Screening Form was distributed during Meet and Greet. If you do not have one, please download and print, or use the Skyward app. In the future, the Wellness Screening Form will be stapled to the student’s learning plan
- Skyward has a Wellness Screening Form built in. You can try it today! We want to get all of our families logged into Skyward and using this feature by Labor Day! If you complete the Wellness Screening in Skyward, you do not have to use the paper form.
- All staff and students must wear masks at school
- Students will wear masks during recess because they cannot social distance
- Video on Face Coverings from Carolyn Sharette
- Video on Bandanas and Gators from Carolyn Sharette
- We suggest putting a label on your student’s mask (and other belongings) and sending an extra mask
- Please come in from the NORTH and avoid all left hand turns
- Allow extra time – there is still construction on Lone Peak Parkway
- Please DO NOT use the neighborhood to turn around – the ideal location is the Wal-Mart on 114th, or use River Chapel Road
Walking Students In – only to the front door
- We are doing all we can to maintain social distancing minimize potential exposure of our students, and you can help! Please drop your students at the curb. We will have lots of staff available to assist them.
- If you feel your student needs to be escorted into the school, please be aware that parents will only be able walk students to the front door. Please wear a mask.
- Because of COVID, parents are unable to walk students to the classroom. Please speak with Mr. McVicar or Mrs. Peery if you have a special circumstance.
Dockets and Name Tags
- All new students will receive their dockets and name tags in their classrooms
- If your student needs a replacement, they can go to the front office after 9:30 am to pay for it.
- $10 – new docket and folders
- $2 – new folders
- $5 – nametag
- $1 – magnet
Lunch and Snacks
- Parents should provide lunch for their students. School lunch is available by pre-order. All school lunches must be ordered 48 hours in advance. If you have not already ordered a lunch, please send one with your student.
- Students are welcome to bring snacks to eat during recess.
- Yellow 2:15 Blue 2:30 Red 2:45 pm
- If you do not have a hanging car tag, please come to the front office from 9:30 am – 1:30pm. Otherwise, please come at 3:00pm park and pick your student in the front lobby.
Pick Up Rules
- You MUST have a Pick Up car tag displayed so our staff can see it.
- Do NOT arrive before your Pick Up time. This is the one time we ask you NOT to come early.
- Approach the school from the NORTH only. NO LEFT TURNS.
- Do NOT use the neighborhood to the north of the school to turn around or wait.
- No cell phone use during Pick Up.
- Follow instructions of staff.
- PLEASE, be kind. We’re all working hard to make Pick Up as smooth and efficiently as possible. A smile and thumbs up goes a long way!
A fun joke because you made it to the bottom of the email! Why is it dangerous to do math in the jungle? Because when you add four and four you get ate (eight).
Draper 2 Campus